Initial Applicant Screening
Indus Capital enters into introductory discussions with borrowers, and prescreens summary information on prospective deals to evaluate the merits against our established lending criteria and develop a holistic picture of the project and proposed financing.
Detailed project review
We complete a full review of all information relevant to the particular deal.
Our analysis includes:
- an in-depth assessment of project feasibility
- evaluation of borrower’s experience and ability to carry out the project; and
- identification and probability assessment for alternative exit strategies as the project timeline progresses
Detailed security review
All lending by Indus Capital is secured through a mortgage on Real Estate. To determine the value inherent in the property pledged as security, we:
- Obtain independent confirmation of value through a trusted third party
- Perform an in-depth physical inspection of the property – both interior and exterior
- closely review financial information of the borrowers and the project
- Perform title searches to determine the available value of security
- Perform corporate and related party searches
The project specific and macro level risks associated with each deal are assessed individually, and in aggregate to develop an accurate profile of the opportunity.
We create customized lending terms that unique for each deal to ensure that the project risks are appropriately mitigaged and investors are provided a fair return.
All deals are reviewed, and recommend for approval by Indus Capital’s President before opening an opportunity to investors.
For unique or complex deals, a second review and approval from Indus Capital’s Investment Committee is completed.